Mittwoch, 15. April 2020

The Russo-Polish war of 1794

Do you know the Panorama painting of this battle?

I have the luck to have a collection of prints which put one on another show the whole diorama. The war of 1794 is very interesting. We have the Russian army in Potemkin uniforms, which are my favourite uniform of this period.



There is also this video on youtube.


The Polish uniforms are another subject. Beside the Osprey there are several books from Jan Czop, covering the Polish uniforms of the 18th century up to 1830.


I very much like his books.

But now comming to the most important subject - figures!

Leonid already made some great figures, some of which we have in our shop. Here a nice photo of his Russian infantry .

And now he sent me photos of his new Polish masters which are available soon.





Maybe next some Polish and Russian light infantry, Polish cavalry and Russian Cossacks? Ok, as usual my wishlist grows with every figure I see:-)

2 Kommentare:

  1. I just have checked if there are any figures available from this war in 1:72 scale but I was't countin on that I will find any. Great surprise! Thanks for the article!

    AntwortenLöschen