Mittwoch, 16. August 2017

Impression from Kulmbach

Last weekend we were on the tinfigure-fair in Kulmbach. In my eyes one of the best figure fairs as here I see metals in all forms and sizes. And what is especially important - I meet a lot of friends there whom I only see there.

I like flat figures very much. There is no bigger range in any other scale then in 30mm flats. But there is one problem - They are flat... So I can't use them for my kind of dioramas. But they are always an inspiration.

In Kulmbach you also can find a lot of old stuff. For example I had the luck to find a collection of old Minifigs figures from the early 70ies. No more S-range, but also not the clumbsy ones you can get since 1975 or so. And the paintjob was excellent!

Also our own stand at the fair grew in size over the last two years. We now had six meters (and this space is only to show less then 10% of the complete range.... I think it is impressing eh? :-)



And here now a collection of photos I made, mostly for inspiration.


First our new set of German Landsknechts, sculpted by our hobbyfriend Yvan. I will put it in the shop next week.



A nice little diorama I found on the stand of Germania figures. Steampunk in the ACW:-)
The marching guys are really looking good!





Cavemen - I think by Eric Trauner


This is from a manufactor of 40mm figures. They do fit with the old "Nürnberger Meisterzinn" figures I casted myself when I was 12 years old





This is a nice idea for us to make in 1/72 too

The boss here reminds me on John Wayne in "the longest day"


 Puh, there was no label on the two guys here. Eastern style late ancients I think


 Or early medieval...


King and Country when I have it right in mind.


To get this diorama in 54mm you need a few thousand Euros. Better to create it in 1/72:-)



Also nice 54mm figures - Germans to the front and "After the manouver"



We are not the only one to produce this unit. The flats have their flair:-) But only the artillery-crew of the Dromedaries had red trousers.


From Munich-Kits a great diorama "Lindisfarne 793 AD"





Munich Kits has a great range of figures. Being Resin they are highly detailed - but also bl....y expensive! I bought myself the Tiroleans and the Askaris.





These FIW British were 40 or 54mm, can't remember at the moment.




And here some inspiration for future sets. Indian mountain artillery



Lawrence of Arabia (we already have a great set from Strelets in 1/72)


And now a complete range for the Indian Mutiny. This is a subject I have in mind too. Especially as we can use a part of the Newline Design Sikh war figures for a start.











Maltese knights in 15th century armour. A very good paintjob.



Another dream of mine - a Roman town. These houses were made for 30mm flats but would work for 28mm too.

The grave stones are also useful for 1/72



Roman auxiliary cavalry. In flat you can make a lot of casualties easier then 3-dimensional figures.



 54 mm with an excellent paintjob - I like everything Indian (ok, not the food).


Another set which we are waiting for in 1/72


Ah well - Indian of course. I need to paint some of my own figures. Part of the Sikh war range I already showed on this blog in the past.



I like the building in this vignette.


General Waldersee - Commander of the German forces in the Boxer Rebellion.


German See batallion also in the Boxer Rebellion.


Some flats for inspiration. First Celtic warrios


French corps of cavalry in Canada FIW from my mate Alexanders range



These Prussians are surely interesting for my mate John!


A French General staff would be another ineresting set for our WSS and 9years-war collections.


These 16th century Italians are 28mm from Mirliton. I like these figures and they have nice ideas for a Renaissance town. Especially the priests remind me on a movie:-)






This FIW vignette is in scale 1/32



And last more flats - The French in Egypt - and here we are again with this war...



I am sure a lot of my friends also made photos on this fair. So check the web for more inspiration if you are interested.

5 Kommentare:

  1. That is fantastic! Thank you very much for sharing.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thanks, a lot of inspirational ideas

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. A wide ranging and fascinating post!Thank you!
    Alan

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Cool pictures!!! Please, one question... Do you have better photos of the British Naval Brigade from the Indian Mutiny minis? For paint my figures. Thanks!

    AntwortenLöschen