Dienstag, 5. März 2019

Swiss Regiments of the Papal army in 1848

When Martin told me about his idea of Radetzky's Austrian army I told him we need enemies for them too. Martin's plan is, to cover the Austrian army first.

So I decided to help him and go for several Italian and Hungarian enemies.

The Sardinia-Piemontese army would be the first joice. Such an army is available from Legio Heroica who already have some Austrians too. But these figures are true 20mm and so a little bit small.

As you know me, I always go for the obscure stuff:-)

So my decision for the first set of enemies were the Popes Swiss Regiments. The Swiss units suported the Piemontese army and lost against the Austrians at the battle of Vincenzo 1848.

A description of their services you can read here

I like their colorful uniforms.



And here the photos of the Masters, Ingo made for me






Such bell topped shakos could be useful for several German armies in the 1848 uprising as well as Danish troops in 1848 and maybe for some British infantry 1820ies up to the Albert shako.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen