Samstag, 7. November 2020

Working on our new project - Medway 43 AD

 I think today is the weekend, when the next Dioramca was planned to happen. We wanted to meet before in the summer to organize the project we had in mind. 

Now we hope to put the diorama on show when things become normal again. 

My idea is to create a diorama for the battle of the Medway River 43AD. Not from the historical sources, but after the description from the battle in Simon Scarrows battle. At least so nobody can tell me, what historical mistakes I made😅

So far we have over 6000 painted figures done, but can't glue them on bases before we have a solution for the space we get. My big dream is to show three Roman legions in 1:1 scale. The main eyecatcher will be the river itself with the Romans fording it, some ships giving covering fire etc. etc. 

Now I want to show you some photos of figures we will use - or better said, a 15 year od diorama from the time, before I had children and had my own hobby-room.




















1 Kommentar:

  1. What a collection, they look marvellous Uwe. They will be so good in the new diorama.
    Regards, James

    AntwortenLöschen