Sonntag, 24. April 2011

Adowa

You know I am always interested in the lesser known colonial campaigns. The Italians are one of my favourites here and the battle of Adowa as the largest defeat an European army ever suffered against "savages".
Here a link to the best book I ever read about this subject. I just finished it last week. Hingly recommended!

http://www.naval-military-press.com/campaign-of-adowa-and-the-rise-of-menelik-first-italo-ethiopian-war..html,

Other wars as the war in Lybia (actual topic eh?) are another subject of interest to me.
There is a great blog about Italian military history in my watchlist, but just to show it to you directly, take a look here.








2 Kommentare:

  1. If I recall correctly it gets a mention in Churchills "The River War".

    What would be the best way to set about ordering figures from you Uwe?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi conrad,

    simply send me a mail to wild-heindl@t-online.de and we can sort things out. Sadly I don't have you email-address.

    cheers
    Uwe

    AntwortenLöschen