Montag, 28. Dezember 2015

Some old Napoleonic dioramas

Now with being in the holidays I tried again to clear up a part of my hobby-stuff. I found a huge pack of old photos, nearly glued together.

These I dioramas I found in museums and exhibitions.

In 1999 I had a business-tour to Leipzig. Through a hobby-friend I came into the rooms of the "Völkerschlachtdenkmal" where at the moment they tried to build a diorama of the battle in 1/72.
With the limited resources they had at this time I thought their work interesting. And especially their conversions which they casted in metal. Some of them you can see in the photos.









A year later or so I was in the holidays in Austria with the family. On the way back from Vienna there was a little exhibition of a Napoleonic enthusiast who had his private collection of paintings, original items, books etc. on show. Between all the stuff he had a small plate with 1/72 figures on show too. I liked the simple conversions at a time when there were not much Austrians on the market





And finally in 2003 I visited Winchester and the different military museums there. In the Rifle-Museum was a little diorama of Vimiero 1808. A very nice one with a lot of Esci-conversions, but bad light. So my photos are not good either. Maybe someone can offer better photos?










Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen