Mittwoch, 11. Dezember 2019

The tenth door - how do I spend my holidays..

As I wrote some days before, on the 3rd and 4th December I visited my friend Alfred.
Usually we have talks about history, uniforms and figures etc. and make plans for future trips and Projects.

This time it was a little bit different. Alfred had to organize an exhibition in the City Center of his hometown Lampertheim. As a good friend, of course I volunteered to help:-)

So we stood two days in winter in a cold Little old cafe on the market place and arranged racks for figures, put little dioramas on it.

I like the faces of children at the Windows, big eyes what we are doing there. Old people usually have more interest for toy soldiers than the middle Age (at least it was there). Two men asked me if we would open the cafe again...

See here some photos how did it. This Vitrine was a Special challenge. It broke down several times, before we were able to fix it.


unwashed and cold...


First an empty building to clean.



 




Here some close up of the little dioramas - usually 54mm figures






And in the end the official newspaper articles, showing Alfred two days after at the opening of the exhebition.


Sorry, but I have no english translation for them...


1 Kommentar:

  1. Sounds like fun! And, thanks to my wife and son, I can just about understand most of the two articles you included in your post. How wonderful that Alfred still has the castle built for him and his brother by their father.

    Best Regards (und mit freindliche Grusse),

    Stokes

    AntwortenLöschen