Samstag, 9. Januar 2016

Siege of Silistra 1853

Nearly four years ago I showed the first photos of Hank's Silistra project .

Sadly  he stopped the project and focused more on his motorbikes. But hopefully there will come the time when we see the finished diorama as we saw his Kalafat diorama.

Last Summer I had the chance with two Turkish friends to make a tour of three days through Turkey, starting directly from Istanbul to Bursa (the oldest Ottoman town), afterwards Troy, Gallipoli-Canacale and at least Istanbul itself where I had the chance to visit the military museum.

Here I found this painting from the siege of 1854. The photos are big enough to zoom the details.
I hope Hank will read this post and think about comming back to his figures:-)

For all the other Crimean buffs, enjoy the photos.












1 Kommentar:

  1. That looks great. I undercoated some Strelets Turkish artillery this morning.

    AntwortenLöschen