Sonntag, 30. April 2017

War of 1812

Accidently I stubled over Zed's blog and saw his posting about the war of 1812.

you can imagine that I was happy to see my own range of India converted into US troops and Canadians. I thought that I also had before, but haven't realized so far.

Take a look here where you see photos like this

There is a great French speaking blog which offers a lot of unformplates for this period

http://history-uniforms.over-blog.com/



In my collection I have the complete range from SHQ (former Kennington) who offers nice US Sharpshooters and also some infantry in Hat's like mine which they call militia. But I used these figures to create some defenders of the Rio de la Plata in 1807.


So these guys are really useful for a lot of armies.


3 Kommentare:

  1. La ilustración corresponde a un fusilero de la llamada Legión Patricia formada por tres batallones. Es una lámina del mejor pintor de temas militares José Luis Salinas pero, inexplicablemente tiene un error, el penacho era blanco. Buena suerte con el proyecto y saludos desde la lejana República Argentina. Carlos www.juegosdehistoria.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hola Carlos, gracias por la información al plato. Me olvidé de escribir los detalles.
      Massimo ya tiene un archivo de mi parte para convertir algunas de las figuras en varias unidades que lucharon en el Río de la Plata. No sólo la infantería, pensé para cubrir todo el ejército.

      cheers
      uwe

      Löschen