Freitag, 26. Oktober 2018

Ottoman Napoleonic army

Andy sent me the first castings from Leonids Russian cavalry in Potemkin uniform 1786-1796.
This is one of my favorite uniforms, very modern for this time.

So I started to paint these figures as Carabiniers which I want to show here soon.
I already painted some Infantry units of them too.

Now I searched for enemies and the war I had in mind is the Russo-Turkish war of 1787-92. Austrians and Russian fighting the Ottomans.

Take a look at Wikipedia

There are a lot of articles about this war in German in the Österreichische Militärische Zeitung (ÖMZ) available for free on Google books.

Revoultionary French and Potemkin Russians against my own Napoleonic Ottoman army, a colorful subject. So I started painting my Ottomans too. Here for example some photos of the Janisarries.





You see from the flowers that I made them some month ago:-)
So when Ulundi is done I will concentrate on this subject


1 Kommentar: