Samstag, 11. April 2020

The war of the Spanish succession

I have many friends, for whom this war is the favourite interest. One for example Robert Hall, who made many researches and created this wonderful uniformplates.

Another is my friend John Cunningham from Wales. We know each other since years and had the pleasure to be on some hobbytours.

When John took over the production of Les Higgins figures, his focus got more and more on the WSS. He has a great collection of figures for it.

He was able to infect (wrong word these days) with this subject and I saw many of his figures appear on blogs and wargames.

Now Marvin made a post about the subject on his blog which describes the story behind.

In 2004 John came over to Bavaria and we went to the 300th aniversary of the battle, visited the new museum in Höchstädt Castle and in the end we drove to Donauwörth and climbed the Schellenberg.

While searching for some SYW figures, I found several bags of the Les Higgins figures lying around and with many people showing the subject, I asked John what I should paint with them. His answer was "of course Bavarians". Ok, I took the challenge and tought about the battle. The Schellenberg came into my mind again.

So in two days I finished the first bag with the Bavarian Regiment Maffei, which was involved in the battle. To paint this figures made fun. Much easier to paint then Napoleonics...



To stay with this period (ok, 15 years earlier), I safe this photo here for a special post. Also from John, Irregular riders on 1/72 Morion horses.

Not bad, eh?:-)



2 Kommentare: