Dienstag, 21. Juli 2020

Museum Höchstätt Castle

In 2004 my friend John came over from Wales and we visited the 200th aniversary of the battle of Blenheim.

In this year the museum at Höchstätt started a permanent exhibition on the battle. I would suggest you, to visit this exhibition, if your are interested in the war of the Spanish succession. A link to the museums homepage is here.

I remember when they opened, they also had a huge collection of figures on display. The house was crammed with visitors in 2004. Two years later I visited the castle again and this time, I nearly had it for myself.

See here some photos I made there. For my friend John, I only show WSS figures this time. I know it will make him happy:-)

















4 Kommentare:

  1. Super pictures Uwe - thanks for sharing them.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Can you tell us about the boat or barge in the last two pictures please?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. It is a raft for transporting troops on the rivers. In Bavaria a typical way to transport material. I live close to the River Isar and such "rafting" is still in action - but more for tourist and sightseeing.

      I will try to find some information about the military use of it.

      Löschen
  3. Yes brought back very happy memories of walking the battlefield and village there and a fond memory of a certain Chinese restaurant in Hochstadt, all you could eat for a few Euros
    cheers Old John

    AntwortenLöschen