Samstag, 29. April 2023

Reopening of the Bavarian armymuseum

After several years of renovation the museum reopened the figure exhibition again.

My favorite there is the flat figure diorama of Leuthen. 35 years ago I have seen it for the first time and maybe it is nostalgic thinking, but I think it is still one of the best I have seen.

I think it would be an improvement to add a plate or a shemata drawing explaining which units are there to see. When I have too much time, I will try to make one:-)



































4 Kommentare:

  1. I loved that the flat figures were in different scales - smaller in the background, to enhance the perspective. It's a marvellous place - and that was before it was renovated!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Visited the Bavarian Army Museum when I was stationed in Germany in 1981-84. Still remember these splendid battle dioramas (and a framed poster featuring a Bavarian Cuirassier is a prized momento of the Museum that adorns the wall of my game room to this day)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Very smart, thanks for sharing.

    Willz.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. It was a very nice trip to Ingolstadt, Uwe. I enjoyed your company very much. This diorama is a must-have-seen in this museum and it is always a pleasure to look at it.

    AntwortenLöschen