Samstag, 5. Oktober 2019

Impressions from Kulmbach - Part 1 - German colonials

This August I visited the Kulmbacher Tin figure fair. This is a tradition since nearly 30 years for me.
The interesting thing is, that you see there figures for all sizes, flats and round figures, collectors stuff and new ones. Beside this often interesting books etc.

I made photos of the (for me) most interesting figures on display.

Of course first the 1/72 stuff.

Schutztruppe in Deutsch Südwest, still one of my favourite subjects.



I already painted my own figures, but it is still not enough for a little diorama of the Herero war.
My idea is to create a Herero ambush on a German column with these figures. Including a German counter-attack of course.





Next an Austrian truck from WW1 from Munich Kits. They have great figures for interesting subjects. But sadly everything in Resin. Several figures from my collection broke in the past. I wish they would also produce in metal...


They also have the famous "Germans to the front" from the Boxer rebellion


And some other figures from the same conflict


Staying with the Boxer rebellion, these 54mm figures made me speechless. My first action was to take Massimo and show him these, telling him "I want these in 1/72". Let's hope he has the passion to make them for me:-) The battle of Tientsin would be a colorful subject...








4 Kommentare:

  1. Yes to Boxer war figures - Imperial troops / Kansu Braves first, but please make them compatible to the 1/72 Orion plastic figures, Chinese 119 years ago were not as tall as Zvezda guardsmen!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. True - But the Orion wars are very small. Kennington/SHQ made figures in the past which would fit with them. Ral Partha made some which are bigger. And there is a range from Stan Johannsen, very flat guys, but also small 1/72.

      I used WW1 Russian Infantry from HAT and Zvezda as well as other plastic conversions. When Massimo will sculpt them he will convert from Zvezda and Italeri. So I am sorry, but for sure bigger then the small Orion.

      cheers
      Uwe

      Löschen
  2. *Sigh*, that's what stops me from buying. My entire collection is of guys snaller than the 187 cm tall Zvezda and Italeri guys. However your business your rules, you must see a market and the poses are invariably excellent.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Using russians for coversions seens like a good idea, I earmarked Redbox Russians for this. Any chance of separate Chinese heads (long hair / shaved forehead, or hat)? I would need 50+ of them.

    AntwortenLöschen