Freitag, 9. Oktober 2020

The Battle of Alcácer Quibir (also known as "Battle of Three Kings" )

As I have painted several Conquistatores and Atzteks over the last month, I thought there might be some other interesting subject, where I could use at least the Spaniards.

My first thought was the battle of Pavia 1525. Interesting, but I would need to have many Landsknechts - and this is a challenge. 

Then it came into my mind, that I have a movie in my collection, which brought me new ideas. The original title is "Non, ou a Vã Glória de Mandar" from 1990. I have a very bad VHS-Version in German language "Non oder Der vergängliche Ruhm der Herrschaft".



These helmets are very robust😁

The movie covers beside other things the battle of the Three Kings. Before I write much about it, check what other wrote on the subject. On of my favourite Blogs Weapons and warfare and another from a Fantasy wargame club. At least the latter has some nice photos with nice figures. Ok, we are talking about Portuguese, but they don't look much different to the Spaniards. 

Wikipedia has of course it's own link on the subject too. Through this I came to the link of another movie on the subject. Does anybody know, where to get this VHS? I guess it was never able as DVD. 

But now here some photos of figures







So I think, I have some use for HAT's El Cid Moorish warriors and Esci Muslims. Also some left over 30YW figures from our Rocroi diorama.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen