Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2020

Sudan 1884

 Beside working on a Franco-Prussian war diorama, Patrick had the idea to make some "smaller" ones. The subject is the war of 1884/1885 in Sudan. 


When I think about Dioramas, I see British squares, fighting against a Derwish onslaught. Maybe the Derwish attack on Karthoum. 

On the other side, I am always after the most exostic subjects. So maybe the battle of Rejaf. 1897 with the Belgian Force Publique charging a Derwishes




Or the  battle of Kassala against the Italians. For these, Massimo already sculpted Italian Askaris for it and I hope for Penne di Falco cavalry too.


Ok, these are my own wishes. Patrick wanted to have something different. His new diorama is the evacuation of Civilians from a town in Sudan. At least the first set of Victorian civilians on the market. I think they are useful for many subjects, even Sherlock Holmes:-)















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen