Sonntag, 7. Februar 2021

A new Diorama project - and a challenge for all of us who are locked in

 Our last "anual" diorama project was the battle of Ulundi, which we have shown on the Dioramica in November 2018. The next project is the battle of the Medway which we wanted to show in summer 2020 in Lampertheim and again in November at the Dioramica.

This means, I am painting on Romans and Celts since over two years. We all painted huge armies and weren't able to meet as a group to make a trial, how it looks like, what space we get etc. etc.

Last week I talked with my friend Schmitty and we decided to already start on a new project. This time a lesser known combat of the SYW, which we want to produce with units in orginal numbers. Well, at least a part of it:-) Better than showing a big battle with units, only 20% of their real size. 

I am a Franconian from birth, so I wanted to have "my" own units involved. One of the best Websources for this campaign is Kronoskaf

The best subject, I found is the combat of Korbitz. A very colorful Reichsarmee, including the Franconian regiment Varell, which is the unit I started to concentrate now. 

Now I will read through my collection of German sources to find as many details as I can. Then we decide which part of the combat we want to create. 


All of you are invited to join us - take on the challenge - You can lend us the figures for the project or if you don't want, simply paint units which are involved there. Anybody can send me photos of what he did and I will publish it on the blog.



So we can still be part of a project, while sitting at home. Tell me what you think about it.


And here now, no post without photos - some photos from the regiment Varell:-)













1 Kommentar:

  1. Units in full numbers Uwe, what a great idea. I look forward to seeing more on this.
    Regards, James

    AntwortenLöschen