Donnerstag, 18. Februar 2021

Medway - Trying some shield decails

As painting of shields often brings me to the borders of my ability, I wanted to try some shield-decails for the front-ranks of my Celtic host. 

I have so many Celts waiting for the Diorama (exactly 2.104 today) with simply painted Esci/Revell/Italerie-shields, Here I wanted to bring a little bit more colour and quality in the units. 

So I have ordered two sheets from TS Miniaturen and tried my luck. 

Some badly painted Revell Celts from an Ebay-auction still lay around. 



I had two options. Scrape the shield clear or remove it complete. I tried the first and gave them another painting.


Afterwards I glued the decails with white glue on the shields. 


Much more colours in one way, but I am still not happy. Especially with the Airfix figure.

Beside this, I used a little bit too much Umbra when washing the figures:-)

The next time, I will cut away the shields completely and will glue the decail on some cardboard. And maybe I should add the shieldboss with some putty. The question is, do we see all these details in such a huge horde?

What are your experiences with this kind of shield-designs? I guess I have less trouble when I paint the Qualitycast Celts, that are lying around.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen