Donnerstag, 1. April 2021

What helps a huge stock, if you don't have the right poses

 For the fight at Korbitz I need the 18th Regiment Gyulay (Hungarian) in a firing line. 

An Austrian Batallion has a strenght of 4 companies of around 150 men each. As the fight is in September and we have losses from fatigue, battles and desertions, I allowed myself a strength of 60% of the official one for the battle.

Before I start painting a unit, I search through my collection to organise a unit in the right poses. Sometimes it is sobering to see what is left from a huge pile.

The Revell SYW range is from a time, when we had not so many new sets each year. In these years, I bought usually several of the new ones. 

My collection of unpainted figures is different to the ones of most other hobbyfriends I know. I simply don't have the space to sort boxes in. So I remove everything from the sprue, but them in bags and put these bags in boxes (sorted after conflicts).



I took the box of SYW figures. The first idea was "more then enough"






But what is really left when you need just poses for a firing line? Not enough for a whole batallion:-(



The good thing is, I haven't checked the HAT Sets. With them I am sure to put at least the two Batallions of Gyulay in the right strenght on the table:-)





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen